PAGES

Plans for the Summer of 2015

Monday, April 27, 2015

It's almost the end of April already!!! I can't believe how fast my last semester of my sophomore year went by! (AAHHHHH!!!!) It drives me crazy to look back and remember all the things I've done, which I hope to share with you now that I am finally back home for the summer! Besides having planned taking classes, working, internship-ing (I think that's a word), and HOPEFULLY meeting up with some of my homies, I have a feeling it's going to be four long (and hopefully busy) months this summer! I miss everyone back at Simpson already! I can see it now, going back to campus in late August and awaiting the arrival of all my friends and all the other residences-- which reminds me!

I don't know if you were aware, but for the academic year of 2014-2015, I was a Resident Assistant (RA) for 1st Floor Irwin! Being an RA has been a GREAT blessing and so much has come from being an RA that I know that I wouldn't have built such strong relationships, grew to LIKE people (soon turned into love because people are actually really cool!), and become closer with God if it weren't for being an RA! But as of the 2015-2016 academic year at Simpson University, I will not only be an RA, but in 1st Floor of Morgan-Sharp!! It's a different building, but I know the Lord has even more things planned for me as I transition into a new team and group of girls!

I JUST finished my Sophomore and I can't stop thinking about next school year! But anyways, I am currently taking advantage of the freedom I have now, which consists of Netflix, popcorn, and sleeping until I get hungry! Just kidding! I wake up at least 5 minutes before I smell the food cooking so that I have enough time to brush my teeth! Okay, I'm completely kidding about that too! Although I do brush my teeth before I start my day, I'm going to really try to take advantage of the extra time on my hands before things start to get a little too hectic! Since being back from University, I have been running in the morning and trying my best to eat better! Being home, I know I tend to eat a lot more because it's NOT cafe food, so I plan to exercise more often! Just wish me luck that I keep it up *I type this with one hand as I put more popcorn into my mouth* 

I also hope to get up as early as 7:30A.M. for my morning runs-- only because my little sister is still in school and I really want to make an effort to get up early while also starting my day out with a run! I mention that my sister is still in school because now that I'm home, I can drop her off and her school is a little over half a mile from my old high school, including a lot of hills, so I run from her school to my high school and back! It's a good mile and a half give or take (I should mention again that there are a lot of HILLS!) 

Besides running and eating healthier, I also want to read as much as I can! Since I don't normally have time to read for fun while in school because of the amount of papers, meetings, classes, and other reading assignments, I hope to fill my imagination with the worlds that have been bravely shared by numerous authors! Although I may have not had the time over the academic year, that didn't stop me from buying books, so I'm well over stocked for this summer! After every book I finish I hope to post a book review about them and if you have any recommendations, let me know about what books I should read!

Above everything I've mentioned that I'd like to do this summer, I hope to continue to grow and strengthen my relationship with the Lord even more! On my long drive home from Simpson (3 hours long) I pray. I pray and talk with the Lord for I don't know how long and it mostly ends with tears of joy and I am quickly reminded that I have to see in order to drive, so I also pray that I get home safely! This summer with all the things I have planned, I know that it might not be what God has planned. One thing is for sure, I want to glorify Him in anything and everything He does have planned for me. I hope that connecting with people does not stop at Simpson and I don't want to find myself spiritually dry. I think this summer and what was very eminent this past semester is prayer. This summer, I want to make sure I spend in prayer. Prayer for the summer, a potential internship, summer classes, and work. I also pray for the upcoming academic year, Simpson University, and Student Development. For my family and friends, for motivation and peace, and for new experiences-- experiences lived and remained with the Father and Christ my savior!

That is what I'd like to do this summer! 
Thank you so much for reading! <3 comment-3--="">
-Jacky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design